We've been looking at 2 Thessalonians. It's been refreshing to read of a church who is an encouragement to Paul and not one he must rebuke. It's neat to see the work of God in the lives of the people. The merit is not upon people and their choice to follow God. Paul clearly shows in 1 Thess. 1:4 that they were "chosen. . . in power and in the Holy Spirit" so that they "became imitators. . . of the Lord." I love the reminder that we are helpless and it is God who works in us. My heart is so wicked that whenever I have the slightest thought of the Father, I thank Him.
I also like the admonishment of Paul in 1 Thess. 4:1. Here is relating his joy to the church because of their faithfulness in Christ in the midst of great trial and suffering. . . but does he stop there? No. He says. . .
". . . just as you are doing, that you do SO MORE AND MORE."
A Christian's pilgrimmage is NOT boring
Our Father is SOOOO worthy of our every thought and effort. . . May He give us the grace "in power and in the Holy Spirit and with full conviction" that we are "brothers loved by God." With those thoughts we will be humbled and led to live as Thessalonians- a testimony to the work of God who encourages those in the household of faith, even to those who suffer greatly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment