I LOVE illustrations. The Lord seems to bring the pictures to my mind almost daily for which I am thankful.
Illustration #1 "John Henry was a man [who] outdug the steam drill [by hand] through the mountain, fifteen to nine." "We stand before the flesh like John Henry before the virgin mountain. We have a Himalayan job before us, and our lives are on the line." Romans 8:13
Illustration #2 "Suppose your Biology 101 professor handed you a live wolverine and asked you to dissect it." "Your flesh won't sit still for prayer and meditation any more than a wolverine would submit to your surgery."
What does this mean? Flesh, this means war! And, as Lundgaard admonishes, "If you snooze, you lose."
To help in the spirtual battle, I like to remember a quote that I read on a friend's friend's friend's blog (I love blogs and friends :). Anyway this quote says, "I am a creature of Heaven." Wow, to think of the grace of our saviour, to make me "a creature of heaven." C. W. Smith . . . And this is where I should spend my time and thoughts. . .
Isaiah 30:22 is good, too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Christy! We just finished going through this book in our Sunday School class. Very insightful. I'm glad to see you have a blog. Your girls are so grown up!
Jennifer (Meadors) Hagerman
Post a Comment