Sunday, February 17, 2008

Soapbox

Let me get up on my soapbox for a minute.

I live in a small city with a great small-town feel. So, how might a plastic surgeon market his services to a nice, conservative area like the one in which I live?

Billboard #1
There is a picture of 3 children. The billboard reads: Three reasons for plastic surgery- my children.

Excuse me? I'm going to be sliced open- have stuff taken out or put in- for your children? I don't think so.

OK- This marketing strategy must not have worked well.

Billboard #2
It is Christmas time. There is a big present on the sign. The tag reads- TO: A VERY SPECIAL LADY FROM: A VERY WISE MAN

What??!! It's wise to tell your loved one that she needs some serious work- that you're going to pay to cut her face, pull the skin so tight that it won't move, and have her sewn back together? All for Christmas?

Now, that's wise. Ugh! Well, I don't think that worked either. So, finally this poor plastic surgeon is hoping that the ungodly ideals of many Americans will infiltrate into our family-friendly town with the billboards that I see now.

Billboard #3
It simply reads: EYE CANDY

YUCK! Well, I will get down from my soapbox now until I see the next repulsive attempt to market vanity by the Plastic Surgeons Group.

1 comment:

Carol said...

YES! I agree wholeheartedly with you sister! And I was also amazed that somebody could think that plastic surgery would be the gift that melts your wife's heart....helloooo!!!