Wednesday, February 20, 2008

You know your child is homeschooled when. . .


she calls her fun friend, Megan, on the phone and pretends to be Megan's mechaninc, Billy Bob Joe. Megan plays along and when she arrives at our house, Hope, decked out like a mechanic with tools in hand goes and bangs around under the hood of Megan's car.




asked what she wants for her birthday dinner, she replies, "Salmon." When asked what she would like on her birthday cookie, she said, "A dog and lime green icing." I LOVE that she said lime green, not just boring green. I am so thankful for her fun-loving creativity.
Note: I know that children who are not homeschooled do creative/quirky things also. It's difficult to explain, but I know my daughter well enough to know that I can attribute many such things to homeschooling. (OR maybe I just want to because we work so hard at it :).)

No comments: