Sunday, August 3, 2008

fav songs

Whate'er My God Ordains Is Right

1. Whate’er my God ordains is right, Holy His will abideth. I will be still whate’er He does, And follow where He guideth. He is my God, Though dark my road. He holds me that I shall not fall Wherefore to Him I leave it all

2. Whate’er my God ordains is right, He never will deceive meHe leads me by the proper path, I know He will not leave me I take, content,What He hath sent His hand can turn my griefs away And patiently I wait His day

3. Whate’er my God ordains is right, Though now this cup in drinking May bitter seem to my faint heart, I take it all unshrinkingMy God is true, Each morn anew Sweet comfort yet shall fill my heart And pain and sorrow shall depart

4. Whate’er my God ordains is right, Here shall my stand be taken Though sorrow, need, or death be mine, Yet I am not forsaken My Father’s care Is round me there He holds me that I shall not fall And so to Him I leave it all

©1998 David Braud Music.

Dear Refuge of My Weary Soul
1. Dear refuge of my weary soul, On Thee, when sorrows rise On Thee, when waves of trouble roll, My fainting hope relies To Thee I tell each rising grief, For Thou alone canst heal Thy Word can bring a sweet relief, For every pain I feel


2. But oh! When gloomy doubts prevail, I fear to call Thee mine The springs of comfort seem to fail,And all my hopes declineYet gracious God, where shall I flee? Thou art my only trust And still my soul would cleave to Thee Though prostrate in the dust

3. Hast Thou not bid me seek Thy face, And shall I seek in vain? And can the ear of sovereign grace, Be deaf when I complain? No still the ear of sovereign grace,Attends the mourner's prayer Oh may I ever find access,To breathe my sorrows there

4. Thy mercy seat is open still, Here let my soul retreat With humble hope attend Thy will, And wait beneath Thy feet, Thy mercy seat is open still, Here let my soul retreatWith humble hope attend Thy will, And wait beneath Thy feet

©1998, Kevin Twit Music. Used by permission. All rights reserved.

It's funny- these songs seem to be about comfort in the midst of great earthly sorrow; frankly I have no real sorrow- everything is actually going quite well. . . so I've wondered why I'm so drawn to these songs. I think I've figured it out. . . SIN- it's my greatest sorrow and it's always with me. These songs bring peace and a proper perpesctive to my soul; it's NOT about me but it's about Him. Sanctification is a process and I will grow to be more like Him by His grace. And who knows? Perhaps earthly sorrows are coming fast upon me, may I worship Him still. O, He's the Soveriegn and He loves me. WOW.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Those are great...thanks for posting!