First- go to http://www.skiptomylou.org/ for a little contest. Such a lovely blog.
OK- School has started in the Baumberger home. I love school. Hope and I read together for at least an hour a day. Faith has started preschool. We are all having fun with some of our preschool projects. But we are also at crucial point in which my children need to learn a few things- kindness toward each other, perserverance (when it comes to school- NO STALLING), manners (no interrupting, singing while others are talking), cleaning up after themselves, no pouting. . . um, the list goes on. I have seen where my distractions throughout the day have left my children to themselves- OH do they need the loving, and sometime stern, correction and constant attention of their mommy until old habits are broken and new ones formed. . .
BUT WHAT ABOUT CLEANING MY HOUSE????? What about all of the scrubbing that needs to be done?? What about the walls that are so bad now I might as well redecorate and paint? Wow, let's not even speak of redecorating- that's something my mind has really been preoccupied with- I WANT A PRETTY HOUSE. I'm not a "clean up right after the mess" person YET. I like to take days where I can deep clean all day at my leisure. Leisure??? What's leisure when you're teacher, mommy, wife, and cook?
OK- so the bottom line is this- I was reading to Faith last night- the story of the birth of Jesus. And Jesus was born in a MANGER- a stinky, dirty, animal-hair, bugs, dirt floor, stable- the God of the universe who could have been born in Cinderella's castle with all the gold, jewels, and beauty the world contained. But he chose a humble beginning- surrounded by His creation- man, woman, and animals- and poverty.
Oh- let me love my kids- be a mom and wife- embrace the humility of Christ- get to know it- not the latest issue of Better Homes and Gardens. Don't get me wrong- when the Lord provides the time and talents, I would love to pursue making my "house a home"- but until then, I will pursue humility and being a mommy and not let distractions frustrate the duties God has given me today!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment