Not the Lucy with red hair and lipstick, but the Lucy found within the Chronicles of Narnia.
I pray that my girls and I might be Lucy(s). Aslan chose to reveal himself to Lucy first. The faith that He gave to Lucy proved to be an encouragement to her siblings. She could see past the dangers and snares. She trusted Aslan to save them.
Favorite part #1- Peter and Caspian debate about whether or not to sieze the castle; however, they do not consider Aslan's role in this upcoming battle. To this, Lucy replies, "You are acting as if there are only two options- to die here or to die there. Do you not remember who it was that defeated the white witch?" At times I find myself thinking I'm defeated here. Do I not remember who it was/is who defeated/s sin and death? Praise Him!
Favorite part #2- I love how Lewis brings to life that God rules nature. He uses it to accomplish His purposes. It seems that nature has been speaking "loud and clear" lately. To me it shouts of God and His all-consuming power. To think, I am in the eye of the storm- no matter the outcome- in the hand of God, which is perfect peace, whether here on earth or with Him for eternity. Remember, the rocks will cry out or the trees will dance and the river will be free.
Favorite part #3- Aslan reminds Caspian that it's Caspian's realization that he's not fit to be king which makes him fit to be king. Aahh, humility- there's nothing like it.
Other favorite parts- Evil is portrayed as evil- ugly and grotesque. And, the evil is DEFEATED! I LOVED the humor. . . so funny. I love to laugh. I must say that I liked Susan's chain-link shirt with the 3/4" sleeve- very fashionable in my opinion- I would like one. Not to mention her talent with the bow. I would like to have that too. The violence- I rather crave violence (a line from the movie, Little Women). I would not recommend the movie to children who are sensitive to violence. Oh, I loved the song at the end of the movie. I stayed so that I could hear the song at the end. Megan, oh song guru, what is the song at the end of this movie?
The only negative: There was absolutely, positively, without a shadow of a doubt, unequivocally no need for the kiss.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
if it was played during the credits, i think the song you are looking for is "this is home" by switchfoot. it seems to be the song from the movie that is getting all the hype.
oh yeah, and i can't wait to see the movie!! i'll close my eyes during the kissing scene!
okay, this is it for sure!!
"The Call" by Regina Spektor.
i checked the lyrics, it is about not saying goodbye. i listened to a clip of it too, i really like her voice!
Thank you, thank you!
Post a Comment