It was a blessing to see my girls playing peacefully this evening.
They chose to play wiffle ball. Faith, out of the blue, began imitating all of things she hears and sees at Hope's ball game.
With only her diaper, she ran to get her batting "hat."
"Batter, Batter, Hit!" she screamed.
Whenever she hit (or barely hit) the ball, she threw down the bat and ran and ran with a very proud look on her face.
Then, she said, "I need a drink," which is what Hope always says because we always forget to bring a drink.
Finally, Faith ran inside to put on a "uniform." This happened to be one of Hope's nicer shirts.
ANYWAY, the point of the story is- without a doubt, Faith has been to ball games- I could tell by her actions and knowledge which were not PERFECT but reflections of the game nonetheless.
Are we imitators of Christ? Is it obvious we have been with Him? Have we been with Him? Do our actions reflect a knowledge of Christ? Of course are reflections will not be perfect, but children imitating what we see and know.
2 comments:
Somehow I missed this post the first time I read the one above and below. I'm glad I went back and re-read! The Lord gave you a good insight there...thanks for sharing it!
good thought, great parallel, cute kid. :)
Post a Comment