I received this in a forwarded email- I'm not sure who the author is, but it is worth noting:
1. From bondage to spiritual faith
2. From spiritual faith to great courage
3. From courage to liberty
4. From liberty to abundance
5. From abundance to complacency
6. From complacency to apathy
7. From apathy to dependence
8. From dependence back into bondage
"The teacher reminded us that Rome's liberties were not auctioned off in a day, but were bought slowly, gradually, furtively, little by little; first with a little corn and oil for the exceedingly poor and wretched, later with corn and oil for voters who were not quite so poor, later still with corn and oil for pretty much every man that had a vote to sell- exactly our own history over again." - Mark Twain
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
WOW ! That's pretty powerful. If only everyone could see your post before they vote...
I agree - Wow!
Wow.
Post a Comment