The Lord did provide a peaceful journey home. Will and I spoke of good thoughts in difficult times:
1. The children we do have- the blue eyes and freckles, the long legs and dimples- they were once in that fragile point of life and God graciously chose to continue to knit these children in the womb and then give them to us. What a beautiful gift. One that I do not want to take for granted.
2. Once again, the love of God's people is overwhelming- offers of lovingkindness, prayer visits and phone calls, letters, meals- some even cleaned this messy house and found my little diamond earrings in the process, emails, encouragements, listening ears, and advice. We are humbled by the acts of service and pray the Lord would lead us to follow the examples that go before us.
3. Health- oh thank Him for health- I have been sick for the last month and allowed myself to sit in bed and squander time with murder mysteries and the like. . . not to say the Lord doesn't provide some time "brain candy" (I don't know- does He? Any Scriptures on this anyone?) but I put on my gray-colored glasses and neglected the Word and prayer because I felt miserable. Oh that the opposite would be true. So, pray for people who are wearied by a thorn in the flesh- especially a physical thorn- migraines, sinus problems, cancer and the like- pray for these people that God would be near to them- that they might perservere in His Word and delight in Him AND if you have complete health (as I see in the horizon for me)- thank God for it- nurtue it (I need to eat better, etc.. . . ) and USE it- take that energy and use it for good works.
4. Hot tea with peppermint (especially when provided by my husband) is very healing indeed.
5. Healing- I have heard so much about miscarriages- but I have never heard about the physical healing process, etc. It takes about a week to feel normal and this I just found out today- all of this is important to me because of lessons #1 and #3- I'm so ready to use the health that God has given me to serve my family and to do a much better job than I was doing before by God's grace and for His glory.
Finally, words from dear Spurgeon on the topic:
"Hitherto hath the Lord helped us." I Samuel 7:12
"The word 'hitherto' seems like a hand pointing in the direction of the past. Through poverty, through wealth, through sickness, through health. . . 'hitherto hath the Lord helped us.' But the word also points forward. [There] is still a distance to be traversed. More trials, more joys. . . disease and death. Is it over now? No! [Thrones] harps, songs, psalms, white raiment, the face of Jesus, the society of saints, the glory of God, the fullness of eternity, the infinity of bliss."
And, a big THANK YOU to all of you who served us for the sake of Christ!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh, Christy...that was beautiful. You are such a dear sister to me, and a blessing that I am so thankful for. I am rejoicing that you can see the hand of God despite your sorrow and physical suffering. He is good, his love is perfect, and in our valleys is often when we see that the most clearly...even while the world is encouraging us to wallow in our misery. And soon He is coming for us!!! Hallelujah!
Post a Comment