Once a month, a few friends and I meet for fellowship. The hostess provides soup and everyone else brings something. We begin the evening with practical/silly conversation topics so that we can get to know each other better. Then, we come together for a time of testimony. After that, we receive a challenge. Last month's challenge was to write a "psalm." I already shared mine and will share two other psalms which were very encouraging.
Note: Next month's challenge is to listen to a good sermon (Paul Washer/John Piper were in the pick) with your husband or a mom or friend- and the second part of the challenge is NOT to nag your husband about it- just lovingly ask him once and if it doesn't happen- just love him more and let no bitterness enter in but trust the Soveriegn Father and listen to the sermon by yourself and be encouraged.
Anyway, I've been tremendously blessed by this time together. I pray the Lord will protect it. I pray Christ's love will grow in each of our hearts personally and for one another. I also hope that the Lord may see fit to add to the numbers- for His glory.
The first song/psalm:
Oh, how my soul is troubled,
And nearly drowning in the deep wells of despair.
I feel as if I am engulfed in darkness.
My heart, at this moment, would rather
Be suffocated under the weight of this heavy burden
Than to cry out to the Lord.
Oh, Holy Spirit! Draw me into my Savior's arms!
Compel my heart to cry out to the one who
Made me and knows me and loves me
Beyond all comprehension.
For my Redeemer has purchased me,
And He will never abandon me.
The morning will surely come, and the night
Will flee before it.
But even now, in the night,
I will sing praises to my God,
In the midst of my tears.
He will hear me.
He will comfort me and strengthen me.
He will renew my strength, for He is faithful
And knows my weakness.
I will rejoice for my weakness,
When I see His grace and power abound.
For then I learn more how to trust Him,
How to love Him,
And how to worship Him in
Spirit and in truth.
For it brings Him glory
To lead me through every valley on this journey,
And the glory of my King is all I am called to live for.
The next:
When my joy bursts forth, and my
laughter fills the room
This is my song to You
When a sunset holdsmy breath
captive and my thoughts turn
to You
This is my song
When I squeal with delight, like a
young child at the sight of a lizard,
When geese flying south hold my gaze
in the sky
This is my song to You
As tears fall to the floor when you
bring Me to the end of myself and I surrender
my will to Yours
In grief, when I cry out to You, knowing
You alone can bring complete comfort and healing
My life is my song to You
When I can love others, simply
because You first loved me
As I draw near to You, because
You bid me to "come"
From morning to evening, and evening
to morning, may my life be a
sweet, sweet song to You my Lord.
May my life sing ever so loudly to You.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment