
I'm driving in the car today, and I hear an Obama soundbite. I can't believe my ears! Did he really say that? I called my husband to confirm- and yes, Obama said what I thought he said. He said, "I have two girls- 6 and 9. If one of them makes a mistake, I don't want them to be punished with a baby."
I was/am mortified.
And to think- last night's debate questions were about our pocketbooks- pocketbooks and not the value life.
Laura Ingram pointed out that there was once a time in our history when the color of a person's skin disqualified him/her from liberty. . . now it appears to be the age of a person which determines if he/she even has the right to live.
Personally, I must vote for the persons who protect life, even if there is a woman on the ticket.
Here are my views on that- The ten commandments state- Do not murder- to me, these are the "laws" that God has placed upon all people. . . "the" governing guidelines, if you will. There is not a commandment which states "Do not have a woman as leader."
HOWEVER, God has given strict rules to His families and His church and in THOSE institutions absolutely- the woman is not to be in leadership (and I would prefer that those standards follow through, even in government) but we do not live in a theocracy- we do live in a nation founded upon the principles of the Ten Commandments
so- I must uphold the underlying commandments first and foremost- fear God and protect life- and I believe that the McCain ticket is much closer to that statement than the Obama ticket.
I need to go and read Animal Farm.
uugh.
God is in control- I know. . . sometimes I just get worked up!
No comments:
Post a Comment