Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Faith

When Faith came home on Sunday and tried to turn on the lights after the power outage I could hear her saying, "Come on lights. I know you can do it. Come on."

Then, today after the electricity came back on she said her prayer at the breakfast table. "Thank you God for the food, lights, and television." Cute, but sad- oh, so sad.

Finally, during circle time, Faith pointed to a picture of an angel in the Bible and said to me, "See God. He catches me, doesn't He?" Oh, yes, I pray. I pray that God will catch you, Faith. (And, by catch you, I mean catch you in His grace- catch you from the pit and into His arms.)

By the way- the best storybook Bibles for little ones are The Big Picture Story Bible and The Jesus Storybook Bible. We love them and learn so much from them.

4 comments:

Carol said...

Welcome back! I was starting to think you had forgotten us! LOL

The Merchant's said...

Don't feel too bad, Christy, a couple weeks ago Sarah prayed at bedtime that God would tell mommy to let her do whatever she wanted to do. Of course, I wasn't in the room, Jon was. He thought it was really funny, I thought he should have taken the opportunity to talk with Sarah about God teaching in the Bible that children should obey there mommy & daddy ! Kids say the most unexpected things !

Heather said...

I am glad to see you have a blog, too! Of course I will make you an apron... half or full, and would you like me to make the girls matching ones? What are your fav colors... I can match the kitchen or just do something fun. I don't mind mailing it, and I am sure looking forward to seeing you relatively soon! Your girls are growing up!

Jenn said...

Faith is so cute! I agree - the Jesus Storybook Bible is wonderful! We bought a copy for Jacob and now we have one for Noah. I learn a lot by reading it too!