Monday, September 29, 2008

Sunday's Points to Ponder

Promises of Prayer

Matthew 7:7-9
Ask- it will be given
Seek- you will find
Knock- it will be given to you

Matthew 6:5-6
Pray in secret- He will reward you.

John 15:7
If you abide in me and my Word ask what you wish and it will done- for the Father is glorified that you bear much fruit.

John 14:13,14
Ask in His name that the father may be glorified. I will do it.

Great reminder of the promise of prayer. I've been struggling with sin- let's just say what it is- SUBMISSION! Really- it's so much more than that but that's a heavy burden in itself- I want to enjoy submitting as God would have me to for His glory- it's all for the best- ANYWAY- there is no way to be defeated in this because of all of those promises I mentioned earlier- God will work this out in me for His glory! Amen!

Next- the sermon was Phil. 3. LOTS of thoughts to ponder there. The sermon opened with the contrast of the two prayers (prayer again)- the pharisee and the tax collector- the quote said- "Two men praying, two different destinies." One knows all things are Christ- the other things about himself. Anyway- much more to think about but Hope wants to play Webkinz.

No comments: